|MOH/DOH/GAH Examinations for Nurses
|All the health professionals who seek to work in UAE must appear for MOH examination and get qualified for work in UAE. Evaluation of the below categories is done in MOH Examination and separate exams conducted for the following professions.
1. Physicians and Dentists
2. Pharmacists and Assistants
3. Nurses and Midwives
5. Physicians, Practitioners and Technicians of the Complementary and Alternative
3 different Health Ministries functioning in UAE, 1)MOH which is Ministry of Health passing the MOH you are allowed to work in 5 emirates but not in Dubai or Abudhabi.2)DHA - Dubai Health Authority (previously known as DOHMS - Department of Health and Medical Services) DHA registration is required for working in Dubai. 3) GAH, which is General Authority of Health Exam or usually know as MOH/Abu Dhabi. But now for Abudhabi HAAD exam is mandatory
There is no particular syllabus advised for the exam, each professionals have to prepare depends on their speciality, the exam consists of written exam, Practical and Viva. You will get a multiple choice in the written exam. Successful passing of written exam leads to practical and viva and a specialist candidate must pass the viva to qualify for the practical exam.
How many times MOH Exam is conducted?
Exam is conducted twice a year
Re-sitting the MOH test
A candidate can only re-sit the exam twice. If a candidate does not pass in three attempts, he will be disqualified for any post in the Ministry or private. clinics and exempted even the MOH nonqualified candidates are working in clinics where usually the salary is law)
MOH and finding jobs in UAE
It is the responsibility of the candidates to find a job after he/she is qualified through MOH but the candidates are informed on the opportunities for work. Usually it is not that difficult to secure job after he/she pass the MOH examination
For Ministry of health employment the nurses must complete the MOH registration and appear for the exam at ministry.
The following requirements has to be met before you come to Dubai for jobs in Ministry hospitals and other reputed private hospitals in Dubai or other emirates
1. Nursing Registration license
2. Attested certificates of your nursing degree or Diploma
3. 2 yrs Experience
There are specific countries from where applicants are exempted from the ministry's examination, which is part of registration. Details about those courtiers can be obtained from the federal nursing department at the MOH.
Two important lines are quoted here
1. Those applying for a nursing job online from overseas through the ministry's website can complete their registration requirements after joining the services here.
2. Those who are residing here have to complete their registration requirements before applying for a job.
Needed documents for Nurses
The following documents must submit to the Ministry of Health and their files are assess for employment.
1. A CV, must be in English
2. Copies of the certificates or degrees
3. A copy of the school leaving certificate or comparable certificates.
4. Copy of the current nursing licence which should be authorised from the home country of applicant.
5. Copy of the work experience which is signed by a senior official. The work experience documents include the starting date of employment, date of leaving employment and mention the post held.
6. A passport copy, including entry permits to the UAE. Those who have a valid residence visa must submit a copy.
7. Three passport size photos.
8. Fill in an application form.
9. All documents must be translated into Arabic.
10. If the nurse passes the interview and the examination. he or she will be given the post of nurse in accordance with the qualifications.
11. The job will be at any of the ministry's hospitals, clinics or in any medical district in any of the seven emirates
|Contact details of MOH/GAHS/DOH
Address : P.O. Box 848 , Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Tel: +971 (2) 6330000
Location : Hamdan Street, above National Bank of Bahrain
Address: P. O. Box 1853, Dubai, UAE.
Tel : +971 (4) 3966000
Fax: +971 (4) 3965666
Location: Al Karama , Opposite Burjoman Center, Bur Dubai.
GAHS General Authority for Health Services Abu Dhabi
PO Box 5674, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
DHA Dubai Health Authority
(Previously known as DOHMS - Department of Health and Medical Services).
We help you in the following ways...
• Vast collection of previously asked questions and answers
• Huge collection of study materials with CD’s
• Syllabus oriented classroom training
• Computerised practice sections
• Videos of important procedures.
NOTE : IF YOU HAVE YOUR 4 DIGIT ELIGIBILITY NUMBER FROM HEALTH AUTHORITY, YOU CAN ATTEND DHA AND UAE MOH EXAMINATIONS THROUGH PROMETRIC TESTING CENTRES IN INDIA ( FOR NURSES IN INDIA)